Very simple Photoshop project that turned out to be a lot of fun.
1. Polaroid photo effect: Create a box on empty background. Fill with white. Contract border. Resize. Remove center. Resize photo to fit inside hallow.
2. Add “Wish you were here” message. Transform to tilt. Link Polaroid, frame, message layers together.
3. Recolor flowers to match color scheme. Hue & saturation.
4. Remove background from coconut tree. Position in composition. Add Overlay mode and adjust Slider to enhance color and details of tree.
5. Add Gradient, Stroke, Drop Shadow to Hawaii lettering.
6. Add Effects to Island Paradise lettering.
7. Add blue sky onto new layer. Filter, Render, Clouds. My new favorite tool.
8. Add Effects to Island Paradise lettering.
9. Adjust Opacity on Postage Stamp.
(Exercise from Adobe’s CLASSROOM IN A BOOK.)